intoyourlungs

Pants' Books & Stuff!

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 - Kanata Konami Seriously, all cat lovers should read this. You will find something to relate to/love here 'cause the chances are you've experienced it before. I feel like Konami really captured the essence of a kitten: the playfulness, neediness, and silliness. The art, with its simple lines but exaggerated facial expressions (I loved the little details, like Chi's pupils dilating whenever she finds something she wants to play with) fit the tone of the work perfectly, and I loved that this was published all in colour to boot.

One of the great things about this title too is the appeal it could have for children. Chi's narration is written as if she speaks with a kind of lisp (e.g. "pwease", "miulk", etc.) and it could be fun to read this out loud and convey that affectation in her voice. And seriously, what kid doesn't like an adorable little kitten??

Definitely plan on reading the rest of this series.