intoyourlungs

Pants' Books & Stuff!

The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya - Nagaru Tanigawa Why I Read It: I'm oddly addicted to this series, even though I much prefer the anime adaptation. These past couple of novels have chronicled events that haven't been covered in the anime though, which has been kind of fun. I don't actually have a lot to say so I'm just going to jump to the Final Verdict.

Final Verdict: The main plot of this volume of the series felt largely pointless. More time-traveling shenanigans? Performing small actions that will have larger ramifications in the far future? I just didn't find myself caring.

Some characters get a little more characterization though: Tsuruya gets more page-time in this volume than in previous ones, and she's given a little more dimension; Haruhi continues on her path of mellowing out and becoming kind-of-normal; Koizumi appears to be getting more and more jealous of Kyon and his centrality in the big events that seem to follow the SOS Brigade everywhere; Yuki is also becoming more and more normal, or as normal as she'll ever be.

So all in all, it was still kind of fun, despite not having the best plot. These characters continue to change and grow and that's definitely a plus.