intoyourlungs

Pants' Books & Stuff!

Charlotte's Web - Kate DiCamillo, E.B. White, Garth Williams This book is a classic. How much is there to really say about it? I can say that this was my first experience with the book. I never read it as a child for some reason. I don't know if I would've *loved* this book as a child though (but that's hard to say; I loved the movie Babe, which is all about a pig surviving in the world) but it is very sweet, and the ending is very sad. It's didactic literature, but not in the usual way. It's very concerned with issues such as death, which is something you didn't see in children's novels back in the fifties too much.

It was enjoyable, but it doesn't rank among some of my favorite children's classics (like, say, Bridge to Teribithia).