intoyourlungs

Pants' Books & Stuff!

A Wrinkle in Time (The Time Quintet #1) - Madeleine L'Engle, Anna Quindlen This was another re-read for me, and like Lewis' book, I enjoyed this one quite a bit more the second time around. It's a really fun read that blends heavy science fiction (and when I say heavy, I mean HEAVY; there are some very difficult concepts in this book) and fantastical elements seamlessly. L'Engle doesn't talk down to her child audience either. The scientific concepts brought up in this book are not easy to grasp, but she still manages to make it something fun. The children protagonists are flawed (despite Charles Wallace being a genius) and realistic, and watching them grow and learn is a delight. I've since read the second book in the series, and L'Engle has become an author I want to read more of. Very imaginative, unique and refreshing.